php-link-manager - more harm than good? advice please.

General discussions Forum for everything that does not fit elswhere in the phpbb SEO forums.

Moderator: Moderators

php-link-manager - more harm than good? advice please.

Postby acapellas4u » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:09 am

I use this little script on acapellas4u.

But now It's getting seriously spammed and I don't want the Search Engines to see acapellas4u as spamming with backlinks to force better results.

If you want to take a look - go here

Any advice on wether to scrap this or how better control it OR a replacement option would be appreciated. I DO have controls to validate these links but 99% of them check out when I run the validation from the admin panel of link-manager.

DCZ, as you know I asked about the "directories" script and all your links there.
acapellas4u
PR0
PR0

Advertisement

Postby dcz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:24 am

A directory is some work to maintain, but it can be worth it and useful for your community.

The problem you pointed is the correct one, you don't want to be spammed.

Then, I am not sure about the script you're using, is it able to sort link into categories and to generate pagination ?
If it's only a page, then it's not meant to be used as a directory script, you should just accept 100% trusted links as you won't be able to put more than one hundred links in this page (more is not good for SEO).

All links on a single page is quite a limitation.

I see you managed to offer true Backlilnks, unlike the demo I tested.

Then, testing if the link is here when accepting the submission is not enough, this is something to check on a regular basis if you want to be sure.

The script I talked you about last time does not have any automated checking, but, you can only accept phpBB user to post links, which still have to get accepted, which can help out here to fight spam.

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby acapellas4u » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:39 am

dcz wrote:... you can only accept phpBB user to post links, which still have to get accepted, which can help out here to fight spam.

++

What an excellent idea/solution.. How can I do that dcz?

regards..
acapellas4u
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:13 pm

you'll be able to do this as soon as I release and translate the mod ;)

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby acapellas4u » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:19 pm

dcz wrote:you'll be able to do this as soon as I release and translate the mod ;)

++

Oh you mean your own mod - I get you ! - gr8.

In the meantime I've upgraded to the latest version of phplink manager and guesswhat? still 3 auto signup robots after the 1st day of upgrading..

so much for all the extra security!
acapellas4u
PR0
PR0

Return to General Discussions