Free Traffic?

General discussions Forum for everything that does not fit elswhere in the phpbb SEO forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Free Traffic?

Postby MaestroX » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:57 pm

Last edited by MaestroX on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaestroX

Advertisement

Postby dcz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:02 am

The best technique I used to get free traffic is to write down Good content and to run a Search Engine Optimized web site ;)

No, seriously, I don't really know of any free traffic program that seemed interesting to me. I mean, it's personal and I did never try any, but I found the principle a bit odd.

Actually, how will you tell the visit you got from such program where true visits and not automated ?

And what do you give back to participate ?

It's useless to me if you have 1000 unique IP connecting to you web site everyday but none is going further than a page load and no post no clicks on adds no registering ...

I did not elaborate much on this so far, but to me honest SEO and good content is the way to success.

If I'd try to simplify my views on SEOing I'd say three things are really important :
    1) content : Far ahead, content is always what will make you show up in search results and will tease users in the end.
    2) Links : Meaning Internal and external, thus mod rewrite, xml, Html sitemaps and Backlinks. This is where we can make it a lot faster (Indexing and PageRanking) and win time.
    3) Code : Meaning, your site's coding, how efficient, how nicely, and how fast. This is crucial, your site must load ok on most browser, be nice and unique and load pages the faster possible. Anything above 5 sec is a nightmare here.

This will lead to true user visiting, and enjoying your site. This can be longer than free traffic programs to get traffic, but it will be true traffic for sure ;)

Then, I must be wrong, there must be some interesting programs :D But one cannot rely on just this for a web site success, this can just be a plus IMHO, not the main effort we put in a web-site.

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby MaestroX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:35 am

Yeah i agree really. It just takes too long to get indexed by google! One tactic which always seems to work is to put your logo in your signature in other forums. Usually making a post about your won forum will reseult in it being delted and you being warned to be careful how you advertise in other forums!

Everything in my site is very well SEO thanks to this site. I got sitemaps, mod rewrite and dynamic meta tags. Its perfect! I just have to wait now...

I'm actually trying a different approach at the moment. I'm going to make lots of buissness card for my forum (its music related) and give them to music teachers that I know. Them in turn will give it to their pupils. I don't know how far you can do this with forums that revolve around a different theme. I think its all about being creative.
MaestroX

Postby dcz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:33 am

MaestroX wrote:I think its all about being creative.

I cannot agree more than that with you ;)

Posting in forum is a good thing, and actually I consider normal to give good baclinks to my users, as long as they are users and not spammers. SO for sure with few post it's hard to tell, but above ten is a good filter.

Please post your link in your sig, I'll apply the TOS limits in the future for those, once spamming will become a real issue here (which will certainly happen quite fast, but I am ready).

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby MaestroX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:21 pm

Yes I agree. Spamming can become a major problem to many forums but of course being prepared is the best option. My forum at the moment is small (70 members) so I don't have a problem but that dosn't mean i'm not prepared. :wink:
MaestroX

Return to General Discussions