Back Links

General discussions Forum for everything that does not fit elswhere in the phpbb SEO forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Back Links

Postby MaestroX » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:00 pm

I used one of your "webmaster tools" to find that your backlinks are 18,963!

How did you gain such a high amouny of backlink?

Creating Cinematic Soundscapes

How To Harmonize A Melody

How To Write A Tango

How To Write A Fugue

What's My Pagerank | Piano Chords Chart | Audio Tutorials | Composer Forum | Admin Templates | IPB Skins | Button Generator
Last edited by MaestroX on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
MaestroX

Advertisement

Postby dcz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:05 pm

Well, it is not 18, 000 so far.
This total amount is just the sum of all search engine results listed, so many links are found by more than one search engine.
and as you see, Google is far from taking all of them into account.

For the amount, I do have more waiting, but I don't want to post them all at once. It's pretty useful to be active in many communities ;)

Then, I do help people to Search Engine Optimize their website here, with proven results, the deal is a link back, which I find a very Good deal for all of us.
phpBB SEO is as well providing Backlinks to it's users, signatures, www image link and two directories, allowing you to obtain backlinks from several domains.

I don't think anybody regrets the use of our methods here, and we all want these tools and solutions to be updated and developed further, thus this site to survive ;)

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby euroman » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:26 pm

I noticed this site http://hotstart.dk have 198 google backlinks - but most of the backlinks are the site linking to itself ? How come Google is counting those links ?
euroman
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:45 pm

It's s not often the case to see this, you're right. Could be Google to be wrong. Once it gave me a PR5 on a web page and pretended it has 1000 backlinks, all coming from the same two domains where my site was never linked ...

Anyway, MSN ans Yahoo! Backlinks tells us a different story, we see this web site is getting a lot of backlinks from different domains.

Maybe Google thought the best ones where on the web site itself by mistake.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby nims » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:40 am

I wonder how a company like google cud make such a mistake.

Even my backlinks on google and Yahoo are from my website :?

I hope I am not confused .... Are backlinks the ones that we get by using your "link popularity checker" ?
Hire Seo Staff overseas and Website designing and development in India for best results at affordable prices.
nims
PR2
PR2

Postby dcz » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:22 am

Well, yes, our backlink checker is telling the truth ;)
You can check every listing by just clicking on the results.

And it's normal Google is taking some internal links as backlinks. It should not be the majority, but there are always some.

And do not wonder about Google mistaking sometime, the Google network is just huge and dealing with enormous amounts of data, so even the smallest probability to mistake will occur from time to time (due to many possible causes hardware and software).

I know of other examples where Google suddenly started outputting 8 month old cached pages, even though right before that, the caches where last updated like a week ago. It's just normal, perfection is not for us human beings ;)
The interesting thing to notice here, is they keep backups of every cached page for quite some time it seems.

The important thing is they manage to be very close to perfection, and do read the mails we send them when such things occurs, and fix it.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby nims » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:04 am

So you mean I shud write to them so that they can update their data as my website is around 6 years old and I guess this is enough time to get the true backlinks etc. for google.
Hire Seo Staff overseas and Website designing and development in India for best results at affordable prices.
nims
PR2
PR2

Postby dcz » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:50 pm

No, I was talking about case where the mistake is obvious.
It would be the case if you web site's cache was all the sudden 6 years old for example.

I doubt anyone would complain if Google was giving them extra backlinks like in the example I talked about (it only lasted until the next Google dance anyway), and I doubt Google would even bother reading a mail asking for more backlinks.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby ultimatehandyman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Google is weird when it comes to counting backlinks.

My site has over 8,000 in Yahoo but only 31 in Google. I used to have a few hundred in Google but they disappeared for some reason :?
ultimatehandyman
PR2
PR2

Postby dcz » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:09 pm

It's normal, Google tells you a lot less than it knows about.

If you've got a Google sitemaps account, you can take a look at the link stats. Google is telling a lot more about the backlinks he knows of there.

The number of backinks returned by the link: command is just the ones Google considers as the most important, and the list is only updated upon each data center update (Pagerank export), so you won't see it changing in between two updates.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby ultimatehandyman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:14 pm

You are right, I just logged into my google account and it shows 2364

:wink:
ultimatehandyman
PR2
PR2

Return to General Discussions