HOW DO YOU INSTALL PREMOD FROM SCRATCH?

General discussions Forum for everything that does not fit elswhere in the phpbb SEO forums.

Moderator: Moderators

HOW DO YOU INSTALL PREMOD FROM SCRATCH?

Postby Gitman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:58 pm

This must be a joke - where are the instructions to install the premod from scratch? Is this not a full version of phpbb with seo built in? http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/seo-url- ... od-48.html - I downloaded this uploaded the files there is NO install.php file in install folder this looks like the seo addon that you intall on top of existing phpbb... i thought this is entire phpbb forum with seo built into it, NOOOOOOOOOO?
Gitman

Advertisement

Re: HOW DO YOU INSTALL PREMOD FROM SCRATCH?

Postby Stephen26 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Gitman wrote:I downloaded this uploaded the files there is NO install.php file in install folder...

/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_install.php
/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_related_install.php

Gitman wrote:This must be a joke - where are the instructions to install the premod from scratch?

[HOW TO] Install the phpBB SEO premod on phpBB
I install and configure phpBB-SEO (and other mods) for a fair price and very fast. If you are interested simply send me a private message.
Stephen26
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Gitman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:33 pm

So I shuold be able to install the entire phpbb forum and the seo add-on with just this one premod installer right? I have went here phpBB/install/install_phpbb_seo.php which is where one installer is I also have files called install_install.php, install_convert.php, install_main.php and when I go to any of these pages, all I get is a white page... and yes I have already set config.php in the root folder to write for all users... what am I doing wrong? And really where are the install instructions to install this from scratch without adding it on top of an existing phpbb install?
Gitman

Postby Stephen26 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 am

If you do not already have a phpBB board / database the installation isn't really much different than that of phpBB:

http://forum.phpbbservice.nl/docs/INSTA ... ickinstall

And afterwards you have to run the following scripts AFAIK:

Code: Select all
/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_install.php
/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_related_install.php

Dont't forget to CHMOD 777 /phpbb_seo/cache/ - set up .htaccess and clear your board cache.
I install and configure phpBB-SEO (and other mods) for a fair price and very fast. If you are interested simply send me a private message.
Stephen26
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Gitman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:57 am

I've never seen something so retarded in my life, I tried installing phpbb seo on top of phpbb install and couldn't ever get it to work - that was almost a year ago... now I come back and just try to install from scratch and it's not working at all... just a white screen when I access the install page, I made all of those pages writable to all users... I know what I'm doing and it's not working at all.
Gitman

Return to General Discussions