Google Dance January 2008

Discussion about the Google Search Engine. SEO, PageRank, AdSense, AdWords, Use and other Services.

Moderator: Moderators

Google Dance January 2008

Postby dcz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Looks like we are currently going through a new Google dance.

Both backlinks and PageRank started to change.

It's not long since last one in October, and it looks like many site are loosing a bit of PageRank.
phpBB SEO so far is getting PR4, on almost all DC. Does not seem very related to the increase in backlinks : http://www.google.com/search?q=link:www.phpbb-seo.com 13700, was 2640.

This like last time confirm the fact that backlinks do matter less, at least the one that are not part of the inner content. But it's as well a reminder that PageRank is not directly related to SERPs, phpBB SEO is still first on Google : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=phpBB+SEO

And we even had more visitor so far in January than ever before so ...

Anyway, happy Google dance to you all ;)

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby mhmdkhamis » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:31 am

yes it happened :D
i have not many changes in my pages

but i can say it not completed yet

i have many internal pages with strong back links not changed and still 0

so i think google will complete it soon :wink:
mhmdkhamis
PR4
PR4

Postby rick74 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank's to phpbb-seo my forum "subfolder" went from 5 to 140 links!!!!

Pagerank changed last Oktober from 3 to 2 and is still unchanged.
rick74
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Many site dropped in PR this time, it looks like Google is trying to rationalize PageRank a bit.
More high success sites, a lot more sites and thus a harder to get PageRank.
Looks logical to keep it meaningful.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby rick74 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Today again some different backlinks in google, is the dance still happening?????
rick74
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:09 pm

If it's not fully over yet, then we must be very close to the end of it now. No changes on my site for something like a week now.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby mreider » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am

My pagerank hasn't changed, but my traffic overall is up around 20%...crazy!
mreider
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Peter77 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Google and yahoo has increased its page hits from 400-500 to 1,000+ but that is probably because of a heavily populated website going down for over a month, and it's members found a temp home - my site.

did manage to finally get out of 2,000+ indexed pages to 3,050 ... :lol:
Peter77
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:25 am

Same here, we're having significant traffic increase on phpBB SEO since last Google dance, despite the fact the home page dropped from pr5 to 4.

Looks like we where penalized a bit in PR, but I'm not sure about the real meaning of this penalization.

In last September, we had over 3000 Google backlinks, with about 1 000 000 yahoo backlinks, then, after the October Google dance, we dropped to 2640 Google backlinks despite the fact we went over 1 500 000 backlinks on yahoo by this time. The Google webmaster tool as well shown by them a significant increase in backlinks by then.

And now, we've all the sudden reached 13700 Google backlinks, but we only reached 2 000 000 yahoo backlinks by then.

The odd thing is that Google backlinks decreased in October.

So, for Google, we were having less backlinks upon last gd, and then suddenly about 10 000 more in January, which could explain the penalty, but the strange thing is : why did we drop in the first place during October's GD ?

The logic would have been to follow a more regular growth than that IMHO since we did not change anything to our backlinks and they were increasing on a regular basis.
So some Google bug could be involved in the October GD for phpBB SEO, this would explain the PR penalty.

Anyway, it's not very important since we blown up all traffic record in january so ...

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Return to Google Forums