Google Dance - July 2006

Discussion about the Google Search Engine. SEO, PageRank, AdSense, AdWords, Use and other Services.

Moderator: Moderators

Google Dance - July 2006

Postby dcz » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:31 am

Google Dance - July 2006

Hello,

It's Google dance time, PageRank and Google Backlinks updated ;)

Most of www.phpbb-seo.com get Ranked now, and as you can see, the PageRank is being Transmitted to topics :D

So you should expect some change too.

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby Peter77 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 pm

I went up from a PR of 2 to 3. in two months? not bad :D finally Google added a cache to my domain. so that's good. pages indexed on my site is still very low... but is now showing more then just one page linking back to my site. I guess it is still adjusting? :)
Peter77
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:50 pm

Google adjusts upon every Google Dance.

The data center update process can take few days, and then, Search results are likely to vary for some more time until everything gets back to normal, the so called "Bourbon effect" :lol:

It's cool Google gave you more PageRank, this shows thing are on the right way, then, for your backlinks, the amount may vary until the end of the Bourbon effect, but not necessarily.

What is for sure, your last backlink posting effort will be seen in the next one, this one was too close ;)

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Peter77 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:53 am

dcz wrote:Google adjusts upon every Google Dance.

The data center update process can take few days, and then, Search results are likely to vary for some more time until everything gets back to normal, the so called "Bourbon effect" :lol:

It's cool Google gave you more PageRank, this shows thing are on the right way, then, for your backlinks, the amount may vary until the end of the Bourbon effect, but not necessarily.

What is for sure, your last backlink posting effort will be seen in the next one, this one was too close ;)

++

I guess no one else saw any changes with the last Google dance? I hope on the next one to see more of my pages indexed. the indexed pages can be frustrating since it has been the same for a while, but I suppose it takes a while to see 10,000= indexed pages. I look forward to the next Google dance, see what it brings. Oh I am pleased to see the new PR. :) what exactly is the Bourbon effect, and how long does it last lol.
Peter77
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:59 am

Well, indexing is updated every day or so, newly crawled pages are put online every day.

The Google dance is just the compiling of all those datas gathered by Google. It's when PageRank and backlinks are updated. These calculus are quite enormous, since Google will perform major stats to define your keyword density, to calculate your PageRank (eg the probability to be visiting a given page at a given time) and to select backlinks to take into consideration.

As you see there are many criteria, so this is not something that could easily be updated every day if you consider all data centers have to be synchronized and such.

Here comes the bourbon effect, just like when you go dancing, sometime, the day after, your head hurts a bit :D

It's the same for Google, which instead of drinking here, is just performing such massive stats and data center updates that the day after (Google days are longer than humans) it's head hurts a bit and results vary a bit more than usual for a short period of time (until Google hits some good coffee shop ;))

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Peter77 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:53 am

:lol: Thanks for the explination!!

:edit: ahh, links indexed shot up to 10,800 ... sweet. ( 8-8-06 ) :)
Peter77
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Darth Pincho » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 pm

ive read somewhere on internet that google dance is not happening anymore, that something changes. It is true?

How often is google dance?
How you know when is gonna be the next google dance?
Webmaster at:
http://www.tupincho.net
Discussion board at:
http://www.tupincho.net/foro/
Darth Pincho
PR1
PR1

Postby dcz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:40 pm

well, the dance term is not as adapted as before, as there is no massive crawl (like a dance) before the updates, but there are still some unified data centers updates, when PageRanks and Backlinks are updated.

The main difference as before is indexing, now being a continuous phenomenon, but the PageRanks and Backlinks are still being updated kind of the same way as before, at least from what we can observe.

Google Update would fit this better, but I like the dancing idea :D

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Darth Pincho » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:59 pm

When we can expect the next google dance? about december? if it is 6 month period activity probably the next one will be on november or december. right?

How we can determine when a google dance is happening?
Webmaster at:
Discussion board at:
Darth Pincho
PR1
PR1

Postby dcz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Well, we're all waiting for it ;)
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby AmirAbbas » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:54 am

hi

dcz wrote:The main difference as before is indexing, now being a continuous phenomenon, but the PageRanks and Backlinks are still being updated kind of the same way as before, at least from what we can observe.

you mean that google dosn't crawl page before google dance ?
i think i read in this forum that google will crawl lot of page in short period of this exactly before google dance. am i right ? :roll:
AmirAbbas
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Darth Pincho » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:40 pm

I think what DCZ want to says id that google crawls all the time, and only update PR and backlicks in the google dance period.

Some time ago crawling and update was together in the google dance period. Now crawling is independent.
Webmaster at:
Discussion board at:
Darth Pincho
PR1
PR1

Postby dcz » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:58 pm

Well yes, once upon a time Google dance meant major changes in number of cached pages and cache update, so we could detect it as we'd see our web site to be crawled suddenly a lot.

Now indexing and page caching is rather a continuous process, once your site starts to be crawled by Google, it will crawl and cache it on a regular basis. The number of visits should be more related to your backlinks, content and the way it is updated.

PageRank and Backlink continue to follow a step by step pattern, but as we can see from the major moves these days, this could as well become different in the future.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Peter77 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:41 pm

Geeze, my indexing of pages on my main site have gone down to 6,900. Maybe Google did not like the hard work and effort I put into a sub.domain I created and then suddenly dropped it. :?
Peter77
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Actually, it's strange, your forum dropped to 51 pages indexed in Google.

This would be better to start a new topic if it stays like this, let's wait a day or two to see if this is not just a gap before a major update.

What was the maximum amount of listed pages reached for the forum ?

That's why a small report is helpful, to better track SEO results ;)

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Return to Google Forums