It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:32 pm

News News of SEO phpBB

Site map of SEO phpBB » Forum : SEO phpBB

Rewriting sporadicly failed to remove SID from rewritten URL

I have my forums running on the newest phpbb3 SEO premod using advanced mode. I am running IIS and ISAPI_rewrite, i have modified the rewrite rules to work with it. The SEO mod has been working for the most part great, but there is one problem.

Every once and awhile when loading a page, all the URLS willb e rewritten but will have ?SID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX after the rewritten url.

Example: -http://www.canadaka.net/forums/canadian-humour-f13/dear-revenue-canada-t64228.html?SID=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
this link will be a 404 page

When it should be just -http://www.canadaka.net/forums/canadian-humour-f13/dear-revenue-canada-t64228.html
this link works

It happens very sporadicly, my members are telling me it happens, and it happens ...
Read more : Rewriting sporadicly failed to remove SID from rewritten URL | Views : 1681 | Replies : 1 | Forum : phpBB mod Rewrite

Google search results

Hi all

I recently checked how well I scored in google and I got some strange results regarding the url's.

My SEO forum is configured so that I get the subject in the url, but google displays the urls like this:
-www.site.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4 (the default phpbb way)

or like this

-www.site.com/post55.html

Does anyone has an idea on this? I realy would like them to be indexed with the subject name in the url.

Thank you in advance
Read more : Google search results | Views : 23667 | Replies : 5 | Forum : phpBB Forum

Migrating modded board to phpbb3

Hi there,

I'm currently running a phpbb2 forum and plan a migration to phpbb3 soon.

The test installation of phpbb3 on a non public server is already running nicely with your advanced-seo mod plus zero dupe mod. Have to say that you folks do a very nice job.

Now I need some advice concerning rewrite rules. Since the old board is very stripped down (no drop down boxes to sort anything) and already has an older seo-mod installed, it's only 4 rewrite rules, but I'm completely stuck because I know almost nothing about rewriting links.

So i need to ask ...
Read more : Migrating modded board to phpbb3 | Views : 951 | Replies : 1 | Forum : phpBB mod Rewrite

301 redirect after conversion from another forum

Hello,

I'm a new user! :D

I converted my old fireboard forum to phpbb3, but now I've a problem with url rewriting.
My old url were such this: -www.mydomain.com/forum/board-title/topic-title.html

Now, with phpBB3 my new url are such this: -http://www.mydomain.com/forum/board-title/topic-title-txx.html

I removed SID from my PCA, but in the URL remains -txx. Can I remove this?
If this isn't possible I'd like to redirect the old url to the newest.. How can I do it?
I can't do a manual 301 redirect for every url, they are too many.. ...
Read more : 301 redirect after conversion from another forum | Views : 1115 | Replies : 2 | Forum : phpBB mod Rewrite

Portal.php

Hello,
I use phpbb3 portal from board3.de. I want the follwing result on the portal page.
portal.php to portal.html
What edits should be done to achieve this,
I use advance mod rewrite,
Read more : Portal.php | Views : 4123 | Replies : 15 | Forum : phpBB Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 44242 • Total topics 9889 • Total members 17483