I have a similar problem involving the upgrade to 3.0.2 but can't work out what the problem is and wondered if anyone can help me out. I have uploaded the install folder but when I call it in my browser I only see one tab at the top with the word overview and can't see any other, can anyone enlighten me as to what the cause of the problem might be.
My problem is sorted so I have edited this post, here is the explanation:
Well the problem seemed to be in the database, I had used a database dump from another board and the version that was installed on that board was 3.0.1 so although I had actually installed the 3.0.2 version on this board (silly me, I had forgotten that I gad installed 3.0.2), the database entry was telling the script that the version that was installed was 3.0.1.
There was an easy fix for this. I went into the database and searched for version field in the php_config table and changed this to 3.0.2. Once I had done this, I refreshed everything and it was all sorted.
A friend of mine gave me the hint and he knows who he is. All i can say is:
THANKS MATE, you are a gem!