I would like to update my phpBB forum to the SEO version.
I'm following these instructions :
1) Upload all files from the root/ directory of the package to where you would like to see phpBB installed
(phpBB/ or in domain's root) and lunch yoursite.com/phpBB/ (or yoursite.com/) in your browser;
2) Follow the installation / conversion / upgrade steps;
3) Go to phpBB ACP : It's now time to play with settings described bellow;
4) Generate your personalized .htaccess and upload or move it following the instructions;
5) Test a rewritten URL, such as yoursite.com/phpBB/post1.html, if you end up with a 404 (not a phpBB message),
go back to step 5;
6) Activate URL rewriting in phpBB ACP and allow yourself some auto-congratulation
7) Activating the Zero duplicate is wise at this point.
We advise to set the post redirection option to at least "Guest" unless you know what you are doing.
I did well for the first 5 steps but the 6th is not working (I don't know what I have to do). In my .htaccess I got this : "RewriteEngine On"
When I try directly : -http://www.mywebsite.fr/forum/example.html it works (no 404) but when I clic directly on a forum link I got this : -http://www.mywebsite.fr/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
Do you know why ?