[HOW TO] Install the phpBB SEO premod on phpBB

phpBB SEO Premod for phpBB3 support forum.
This premodded version of phpBB3 includes the three different type of URL rewriting for phpBB3 by phpBB SEO. It comes with several other Search Engine Optimization mods installed.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [HOW TO] Install the phpBB SEO premod on phpBB

Postby Stephen26 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Please check out your phpBB Server and Cookie settings

Is the script path correct?

dcz wrote:Script Path: Should be set as follow :
:arrow: If phpBB is installed within a sub directory of the above configured domain (or sub domain), meaning that you can reach it using domain/phpBB/ then use /phpBB
:arrow: If phpBB is installed in the domain's (or sub domain's) root, meaning that you can reach it using domain/ as url, then use /

Permissions right?

CHMOD

The files directory - 777
The cache directory - 777
The store directory - 777
The images/avatars/upload/ directory - 777
I install and configure phpBB-SEO (and other mods) for a fair price and very fast. If you are interested simply send me a private message.
Stephen26
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Advertisement

Postby ofpi » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Go to example.com/phpBB/phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_install.php while logged in as admin and founder, and just go through the install procedure. This will activate the phpBB SEO ACP module which will handle the settings.

Hmm i got several erros when i go mysite.com/install I unpacked all the folders from the files my website root style mysite.com/phpbb3. What i doing wrong:s And if i go mysite.com/phpbb_seo_phbb_se_install.php it say files not found

Warning: include(./../language/fi/mods/acp_phpbb_seo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u32083/public_html/testi/install/index.php on line 151

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../language/fi/mods/acp_phpbb_seo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /home/u32083/public_html/testi/install/index.php on line 151
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)

Edit: And i want tell it too im ready to pay someone who can install this mod on my forum. I could pay 20-50e. And i can pay first before you install this mod on my forum. But you really have to be a people who i can trust.
ofpi

Postby Stephen26 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Copy the files from /language/en/mods/*.* to /language/fi/mods/*.*
I install and configure phpBB-SEO (and other mods) for a fair price and very fast. If you are interested simply send me a private message.
Stephen26
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Ezz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Dear SEO masters,
I'm having a similar problem myself. I try to update the SEO version 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 by using automatic update files, downloaded from this website. I usually use Slovene language so I folowed the instructions:
Stephen26 wrote:Copy the files from /language/en/mods/*.* to /language/fi/mods/*.*[

With the diference to change 'fi' to 'sl'. I did this change just in the
'...\phpBB_SEO-3.0.10_to_3.0.11\install\update\new\language'
part of the install files to be uploaded to the phpbb3 root directory.

I got this:
Warning: include(./../language/sl/mods/acp_phpbb_seo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/arscosme/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 151

Warning: include(./../language/sl/mods/acp_phpbb_seo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/arscosme/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 151

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../language/sl/mods/acp_phpbb_seo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/arscosme/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 151
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 362: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 363: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 364: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/index.php on line 365: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/install/index.php:151)

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your kind support.
Ezz

Postby gorco » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi folks,

can anyone please tell me, or at least give a link with instructions, on how to add / install this mod manually ?

Is there any instruction like this for the templates files edit? Prosilver / subsilver2 code changes

I am afraid that installing automatically may overwrite some of the features I've already installed to the .php files at /forum directory.

Please advice,

Thanks,
Goran
gorco

Postby gorco » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 am

gorco wrote:Hi folks,

can anyone please tell me, or at least give a link with instructions, on how to add / install this mod manually ?

Is there any instruction like this for the templates files edit?

I am afraid that installing automatically may overwrite some of the features I've already installed to the .php files at /forum directory.

Please advice,

Thanks,
Goran

Installed and works just fine. I've forgotten to upload functons.php file. :S
Have a look: http://milenicinja.mk/forum
gorco

Postby efglobal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

HI everybody

Tried to follow the instructions above, but all I got in the end was the following error message:

Not Found
The requested URL /forum.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone suggest me what has gone wrong?
Thanks
efglobal

Postby grigant12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Have you generated the .htaccess and put it to the right folder?
grigant12

Postby efglobal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 pm

grigant12 wrote:Have you generated the .htaccess and put it to the right folder?

Oh, thanks for the quick reply.
I thought it was a .htaccess issue.
The problem now is: which one is the right folder?
I have tried to do that, but I am going from bad to worse.
Now I even got a 403 Forbidden message.

Right now, at my root directory I have the old vBulletin installation I want to get rid of as soon as this issue is solved, and it has an .htaccess file.
Then in the /forum directory (where I have the converted phpBB installation which has taken over from vBulletin all users and messages) which I would like to open to the public as soon as I get rid of the old vBulletin installation, but at the moment it is password protected, and which also has its own .htaccess file.

Then the /test directory where I an conducting all these tests, that is , where I have uploaded first the normal phpBB 3.0.11 files, then the phpBB SEO Premod V 3.0.11, except the install directory and the config.php file, then opened up the phpbb_seo/phpbb_seo_install.php file and so far so good.

Trouble starts when I go to the ACP and in the phpBB SEO tab and select to Yes the Activate URL rewriting option: I go to the forum and when I click on the topic I get a "Not Found, The requested URL /try/your-first-forum-f2.html was not found on this server etc etc" message.

So I go back to the phpBB SEO tab in the ACP and in the .htaccess option on the left hand side I select the option "Save the 'htaccess file into the /test/phpbb_seo/cache folder", then move it into the /test folder by overwriting the existing .htaccess file, and I get the 403 Forbidden message below.
So I delete this .htaccess, and no longer get the Forbidden message but I am back to square one: 404, file not found.

So, what am i getting wrong?
Can you please help me?
Thanks a million.

PS: if I install the phpBB SEO Premod V 3.0.11, do I need to install the Ultimate SEO URL mod v0.7.0 at all?
efglobal

Postby grigant12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I think you have to put your generated .htaccess in the root folder of the xamp/wamp (www, htdocs etc). That was the case with my installation where i had the same error. What do the red bold letters indicate you in the top of the .htaccess page? I wanna help you but I m not expert, neither experienced with this mod, that s why I m asking for help in another topic to trasfer my phpbb online. The answer of your PS is no because it is already premodded in the version you want to install.
grigant12

Postby efglobal » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:29 pm

grigant12 wrote:I think you have to put your generated .htaccess in the root folder of the xamp/wamp (www, htdocs etc). That was the case with my installation where i had the same error. What do the red bold letters indicate you in the top of the .htaccess page? I wanna help you but I m not expert, neither experienced with this mod, that s why I m asking for help in another topic to trasfer my phpbb online. The answer of your PS is no because it is already premodded in the version you want to install.

Thanks a million for the reply and for your efforts, however I don't have a wamp or xampp server, I have a live external server and website.
Therefore the root directory with the old vBulletin installation and the /forum and /test directories I mentioned in the earlier post are on the external server.
Let's hope this issue is solved once and for all, because it seems that I am not the only one affected.
efglobal

Postby efglobal » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 pm

grigant12 wrote:Have you generated the .htaccess and put it to the right folder?

Problem ONLY PARTIALLY solved.
I followed this procedure:
Administration Control Panel -> phpBB SEO -> .htaccess -> Scroll down -> More Options: Yes -> Submit -> Scroll down again -> .htaccess location:
Put the .htaccess in the phpBB folder ? -> Yes -> Submit.
Then I copied and pasted the generated code in the .htaccess file in the phpBB folder (in my case the /test directory) and cleared the board cache.

However I am still not getting the results I want.

When I click on the forum title I do get the desired result, like, say,
mydomain.com/test/pop-music.html?sid=5eetc

BUT when I click on specific topic, I only get something like
mydomain.com/test/topic2.html

Any help on how to solve this problem?
Thanks
efglobal

Postby grigant12 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm

First off, you can remove "sid=....." if you don t like it (i don t think you do), by checking yes in the acp --> phpbb seo--> SID removing. Secondly, you probably have enabled the mixed or simple mode. Both of them don t rewrite the "topicx" part in the url. If you really want to change it you can enable the advanced mode but be careful with this and read the documentation first!
grigant12

Postby efglobal » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 am

grigant12 wrote:First off, you can remove "sid=....." if you don t like it (i don t think you do), by checking yes in the acp --> phpbb seo--> SID removing. Secondly, you probably have enabled the mixed or simple mode. Both of them don t rewrite the "topicx" part in the url. If you really want to change it you can enable the advanced mode but be careful with this and read the documentation first!

Yes, done it, and all I get is 404 errors.

I believe that there must be a bug with the Advanced mode.
I think that I am going to post a message in the relevant forum.
efglobal

Postby sjewels » Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 am

Hi,

I built a really nice looking site and cannot afford to install all the files and take a risk that everything will be gone.

What do I do?

My site is sunkenjewels dot com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
sjewels

PreviousNext

Return to phpBB SEO Premod