Prosilver / subsilver2 code changes

phpBB SEO Premod for phpBB3 support forum.
This premodded version of phpBB3 includes the three different type of URL rewriting for phpBB3 by phpBB SEO. It comes with several other Search Engine Optimization mods installed.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Prosilver / subsilver2 code changes

Postby Orbits » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey BTW - What theme do you guys use here? Looks like a hybrid between Prosilver_se and prosilver.?
Orbits

Advertisement

Postby dcz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:32 pm

The theme is based on prosilver, the regular one, since I always find it easier to use the default theme for updates. But it was done before template could inherit so, the best now would probably be to build a new theme based on the default one and only maintain the changed files while the other would stay as they are.

Make sure you update your GYM record when you actually switch to phpBB3, I would love to see how well does GYM 2 does the job for such amount of urls ;)

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Orbits » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:43 pm

I like your theme. It's much nicer than ProSilver (not so bubbly) and cleaner than ProSilver SE which is why I asked. If your theme is not public, I'll probably just move dogs4sale.net to ProSilver_SE and increase the width a bit.

Yeah, when I move to phpbb3 I'll update the Record :) Unfortunately I won't bear able to do the upgrade until I get a MOD ported from phpbb2 to phpbb3.

Anyway, I did a test conversion and converted all 800k + topics to phpbb3 3.5 Premod. Wow... that was UGLY!

I first downloaded the entire board (1Gig Database) to my test box at home which is a BIG BEEFY box and when I tried to do the conversion it died after migrating just 6000 out of 800,000 topics. Nothing I did would allow it to fully convert. I think the problem was my DEV environment is running PHP5.?

Anyway I went ahead and did the conversion on my Host provider by creating a temp folder with phpbb3 premod on the production board and it took about 16 hours to do the full conversion and I had to restart it several times (very time consuming since I had to babysit it).

After the full migration things ran very fast. Very stable. I cranked GYM 2 WAY up and it was really fast.

CANT WAIT TO UPGRADE!!!

Just need a DEV to port that MOD for me.... :) :) :) <we already talked about that> hehehe
Orbits

Postby dcz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:49 am

What local server where you using ?

Because you may find some interesting setup information for converting large boards on this thread : How to set up a local server using xampp

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby dcz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby dcz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Updated for a tiny glitch. the full diff is open :
Code: Select all
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

Find :
<!-- IF S_RELATED_RESULTS --><div class="clear"/>

Replace with :
<!-- IF S_RELATED_RESULTS --><div class="clear">

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Lionels » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 am

Hello,

I really need help with this one. I went through and made all of the changes that were listed in the Prosilver /Subsilver2 code changes section of this site. I cleared the cache and activated my new template. So here is what happened, the homepage of the new template looks fine as well as the FAQs section and basically the default pages are all ok. But any page with posts is a mess, it does not show any template at all just letters on a white background.

I read everywhere here in the support forums about people having issues with templates, but nobody really says anything but to change the code.
I am really hopeful that someone out there can tell me a better way to fix this, because it happens on every template that I try to install. I did all of the code changes.

I want to hire somebody to do this for me, and I've posted on getafreelancer and I don't think anyone there really has any idea of what to do. Please help, I want to pay someone to fix this for me.

Thanks Lionels.
Lionels

Postby austin881 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Lionels wrote:I want to hire somebody to do this for me

Give me some access and show me what you're doing and I'll take a look. It is hard to fly blind. Sounds like a problem with viewtopic.php :)

Maybe you could PM me with some of your site details. This is sort of like a doctor diagnosing a patient over the phone without getting to look at them.
My dev playground: Whoa.co
Appreciate my assistance? You can thank me by linking to my Chevrolet Astro forums.
austin881
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby dcz » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 am

Lionels wrote:I cleared the cache and activated my new template.

Did you actually mod this template files ?
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby Flipss » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 am

Where is the subsliver2 code changes located?
Flipss

Postby akajain » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I'd like to hear if anyone in this world was able to modify his style to supoort Phpbb SEO?

This is wicked.
akajain

Postby Alxor » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:18 pm

*Edit

Figured it out, the template I needed to modify was subsilver2 based :P .
Alxor

Postby dcz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby ufo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:32 am

Hello!
Thank you for the code changes! I'd also like to have that for the language (i'm italian so i must translate the update...). Where can i find it? Somebody can, please, post it?
Thank's to everybody!
ufo

Postby SeO » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:22 pm

The easiest way to get the language code change would be to get them from the svn directly, from the 3.0.6 to the 3.0.7 tags (3.0.7-PL1 is not yet tagged but there are no additional changes in the language packs), or to compare 3.0.7 with 3.0.7 using winmerge.
Though if I recall well, there are no new language keys, just some typo fixes as far as the phpBB SEO mods entries.

Here, the 3.0.6 to 3.0.7-PL1 diff (phpBB + phpBB SEO) of language/en/ :
phpBB-SEO-3.0.6_to_3.0.7-PL1_language.zip
(21.63 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
SeO
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to phpBB SEO Premod