[Archive] phpBB SEO Simple mod Rewrite V 0.0.2

phpBB2 SEO Simple mod Rewrite support forum.
This mods performs a fully static URL rewriting for phpBB.
Simple and efficient.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Champagnero » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:48 am

Thanks for the quick reply... this keeps my hope up that in some time all Ch 2.1.6 users will be able to use this great features of your mod rewrite.

At all it seems that with CH 2.1.6 the developer changed really alot.

anyway keep up the great work !

greetings Champagnero
Champagnero

Advertisement

Postby turna » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:17 pm

can i use this rewrite rules with this mod.

Code: Select all
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^forums.* index.php [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?p=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?p=$1 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^view-poll([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=viewresult [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&highlight=([a-zA-Z0-9]*) viewtopic.php?t=$1&highlight=$2 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html&view=newest viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=newest [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^about([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight=$5 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^mark-forum([0-9]*).html* viewforum.php?f=$1&mark=topics [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&watch=topic [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^stop-updates-topic([0-9]*).html* viewtopic.php?t=$1&unwatch=topic [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]*).html viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^topic-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).* viewforum.php?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^ptopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=previous [L,NC]

RewriteRule ^ntopic([0-9]*).* viewtopic.php?t=$1&view=next [L,NC]
turna

Postby dcz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 am

And welcome :D

So it looks like you are using the able2know mod rewrite.

The easiest way to migrate to one of the phpBB SEO mod rewrite would be to first select one, then uninstall the able2know one and install the new one.

Then, PM me and I'll send you the zero duplicate code so that you'll be able to migrate without any SEO risk.

This would require to keep the able2know rewriterules in you .htaccess, after the new one for performances matters, in order to allow them to be redirected by the zero duplicate code.

So better if you take the time to first test all of this locally.

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby turna » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:26 pm

if i want to use Mixed mod Rewrite ,should i apply the rewrite rules which are in the your mod file? or should i keep the able2know rewrite rules in my htaccess file?
turna

Postby dcz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:17 pm

dcz wrote:This would require to keep the able2know rewriterules in you .htaccess, after the new one for performances matters, in order to allow them to be redirected by the zero duplicate code.

So better if you take the time to first test all of this locally.

++

You should keep them as mentioned, just to allow the old links to be redirected properly :

aboutxx.html => .htaccess => viewtopic.php?t=xx => zero duplicate => http 301 to topic-titlexx.html (or topicxx.html depending on which mod rewrite you choose) => .htaccess => viewtopic.php?t=xx.

the sheme may look like a big loop, but this is very efficient, and php is the only way to inject and check titles while http 301 redirecting.

So you would need to first uninstall the able2kow mod rewrite, this only concerns the changes made in page_header.php and page_tail.php, you can keep the strictly php enhancements (way linking is changed on index and such).

Then install the new one, adding its rewriterules before the able2know one in your .htaccess, at this stage, you should only see the new URLs in your forum linking, but both old and new ones should work. Then tell me and I'll pm you the zero duplicate code to end up this migration ;)

In the end old link would be http 301 redirected to the new ones.

Note that if you go for the phpBB SEO simple or mixed mod rewrite, you could as well keep some of your actual URL standard, but outputted with no pagination duplicates and a lot faster.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby nims » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:26 am

Hi, in seo-mixed-mod rewrite its mentioned that it requires Cyber Alien guest session mod. I am using Able2know 2.0.0 with phpBB static URLs mod _rewrite 1.0.0. Do I also need to use Cyber Alien?

Also u hv mentioned to uninstall Able2know.
So you would need to first uninstall the able2kow mod rewrite, this only concerns the changes made in page_header.php and page_tail.php, you can keep the strictly php enhancements (way linking is changed on index and such).

Can u elaborate what exactly has to be removed and where to find zero duplicate file.

Lastly, I use following in my .htaccess file
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /forum/

So should I delete phpbb/ in seo-mixed mod .htaccess recomendation.
nims
PR2
PR2

Postby dcz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:12 pm

http://boards.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-mod-r ... .html#2328

Please do not double post too much ;)

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby HB. » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 am

Is the MOD compatible with older versions of CH like 2.1.1?
HB.
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 am

Well it's working nicely with 2.14e version, but I am not a CH user.

sry.
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby euroman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:39 pm

dcz wrote:I think I get it, you're not using the mixed mod rewrite, so we're off topic here.

Then, before we proceed further in the correct thread, if simple mod rewrite is what you want, please check if mod rewrite is available on your server, because the .htaccess should work, you can try two last things on it : get rid of

Code: Select all
Options +FollowSymlinks

and / or get rid of all / before index, viewforum, viewtopic, etc ...

++

I tried but unfortunately it didnt help.

I have sent you a pb with the ftp codes.

BTW Only difference between mixed mode and simple is the name of the urls right ?
euroman
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:48 pm

Yes, the simple one will not inject any title in url, it will just perform a static URL rewriting.

The mixed one will inject titles in forums and categories URLs but will keep the static rewrite for topics, and the advanced one will inject titles everywhere.

I pm you ;)

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby euroman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:15 pm

In the
viewtopic
'U_VIEW_TOPIC' => append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=$topic_id&start=$start&postdays=$post_days&postorder=$post_order&highlight=$highlight"),

and

search
$post_url = append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . '=' . $searchset[$i]['post_id'] . "&highlight=$highlight_active") . '#' . $searchset[$i]['post_id'];

How exactly is this goona look if "highlight is removed" ? Should you move ";highlight............" ?
Last edited by euroman on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
euroman
PR0
PR0

Postby HB. » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:19 pm

dcz wrote:Well it's working nicely with 2.14e version, but I am not a CH user.

sry.

Ok, no prob. I'll test it out. There are a few of us lazy, old school CH users out there, who might want to know.

edit: before I begin the install, I wanted to make sure about something. I speak english, and I see there is a foreign lang in the install. I'm not sure what all of it saying???
HB.
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, you must have downloaded the french version of the mod, the one you want is phpBB-SEO-Simple-mod-Rewrite_V_0.0.2.zip

And check if you are outputting profile links as memberxx.html and not membrexx.html as it's the only difference in code.

++
Useful links :

Liens Utiles :
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby HB. » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:57 pm

I downloaded the one for CH on the first page
http://www.phpbb-seo.com/downloads/phpB ... dition.zip
I don't recall it saying french. Sorry if I missed that.

Is the link you just provided for CH?
HB.
PR0
PR0

PreviousNext

Return to phpBB2 Simple mod rewrite