We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB SEO Premod 3.0.0 package, the "Louna is Gold" edition.
This release update the premod to phpBB3.0.0 and the phpBB SEO mod rewrites to the last version (0.4.0).
The premod includes the updated version of the phpBB SEO dynamic meta tag mod, Optimal title mod zero and no duplicate mod soon to be released.
Demo : http://phpbb3.phpbb-seo.net/
New in this version :
- Added : Link to the last topic title above the last post link on forum listing view,
- Added : Group URL rewriting, with optional group name injection,
- Added : profile URL can use nickname injection (optional),
- Added : profile URL can use nickname injection without ID (optional),
- Added : User messages URL can use nickname injection (optional),
- Added : User messages URL can use nickname injection without ID (optional),
- Added : 404 header is now returned for forums that do not exist (both rewritten and vanilla URLs),
- Updated : zero duplicate handles the new rewriting for profiles, user messages and groups,
- Fixed : Sub forum last post link from the no duplicate on forum listing view,
- Fixed : Usage of a slash as a suffix is now fully supported for all rewritten URLs,
- Fixed : Base href handling (bug with virtual root option),
- Fixed : 100% XHTML valid output,
- Updated to comply with phpBB3.0.0.
- If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" method for updating.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB SEO premod source English and French language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
With this release, there are four packages available.
Translations Update :
- Both French and English language pack are included by default in the auto update and changed file package.
In case you are not using the french language pack at all, you can safely ignore updates of the French language files. Leaving it on your ftp and let the updater update it is of course not a problem.
Be sure to take a look at the official phpBB3 announcement thread to find out more about the phpBB3.0.0 new feature and bug fixes included in the phpBB SEO Premod.
Please note :
- The update will require some additional set up and .htaccess update. Your forum URLs will stay exactly the same, but there are new option to URL rewrite the profiles, Groups and User Messages search pages.
Once you will have set up these three new options, you'll have to generate a new .htaccess. Please read carefully the install file about the ID removing on profile pages.
If you change your member profiles URL with your new settings, you will have to keep the previous Profile rewriterule right before the new one in your .htaccess.
If you encounter some difficulties to update the phpbb_seo_class.php file, for example if you modded it, you will just have to use the new file and edit it to re enter your previous customisations (static part & delimiters).
Once you will have updated, you will have to refresh your theme's cache as well as phpBB's cache (ACP => STYLE, Themes => Refresh).