phpBB SEO premod 3.0.10 released!

phpBB SEO site news and official annoucements.

Moderator: Moderators

phpBB SEO premod 3.0.10 released!

Postby dcz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB SEO Premod 3.0.10 package, No Winter edition.

This release update the premod to phpBB3.0.10 and the Ultimate SEO URL mod to the last version ( 0.7.0 ).
The premod as well includes updated versions of the Dynamic meta tag, Related topics and GYM sitemaps. All these are soon to be separately released.

This version is a maintenance release to follow up phpBB as well fixing a number of minor bugs.

Demo : http://demo.phpbb-seo.net/

New in this version :
  • All mods Updated to comply with phpBB 3.0.10.
  • GYM Sitemaps & RSS 2.0.4:
    • Fixed: typo in https detection
  • Utlimate SEO URL 0.7.0 :
    • Fixed : typo in https detection
    • Fixed : quickmod redirect url when pagination and / or sorting is involved
  • Meta tags 0.4.6 :
    • add ’ to the keyword filters since it's widely used in language files
  • Related Topics 0.2.6 :
    • Be gentle with APC (avoid include/require_once)

Minimum Requirements
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
  • A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
  • A SQL database system, one of:
    • MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
    • PostgreSQL 7.3+
    • SQLite 2.8.2+
    • Firebird 2.1+
    • MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
    • Oracle
  • PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
  • getimagesize() function need to be enabled
  • These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
    • zlib Compression support
    • Remote FTP support
    • XML support
    • Imagemagick support
    • GD Support
The presence of each of these optional modules will be checked during the installation process.
The mod_rewrite Apache module will be necessary to use url rewriting. It is though possible to adapt the rewriterules for isap_rewrite on IIS servers (windows).

Security
Security issues found should be reported to the phpBB.com security tracker in the usual way.

Available packages
    If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" method for updating.

With this release, there are four packages available.
    • Full Package
      Contains entire phpBB SEO premod source English and French language files.
    • Changed Files Only
      Contains only those files changed from previous versions of the phpBB3 SEO Premod.
    • Automatic Update Package
      Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
    • Patch Files Package :
      Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3. Mainly intended for advanced users.
    Select whichever package is most suitable for you.

Translations Update :
  • Both French and English language pack are included by default in the auto update and changed file package.
  • In case you are not using the french language pack at all, you can safely ignore updates of the French language files. Leaving it on your ftp and let the updater update it is of course not a problem.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!.

Be sure to take a look at the official phpBB announcement thread to find out more about the phpBB3.0.10 new features and bug fixes included in the phpBB SEO Premod.

Please note for update :
  • This update will not change any of your current URL settings
  • An .htaccess update is not required
  • GYM Sitemap & RSS
    • GYM update process is now included in the auto update package and will handle all the required code changes for the premod files, but you WILL have to run the gym_sitemaps/gym_install.php script in update mode after you updated phpBB. If you do not use GYM, it is still wise to keep the file up to date, if you have deleted them, just ignore the GYM file update.
    • IMPORTANT :
      GYM sitemaps and RSS is likely to be updated before the premod, it will be up to you to keep it up to date meanwhile, you can be notified about updates by subscribing to the release thread while logged in : GYM Sitemaps & RSS module

Note :
  • The SEO Premod includes a fix in includes/utf/utf_tools.php for a bug that does not affect all installations but can be quite annoying.
    This bug was reported, but was not fixed in phpBB 3.0.7, and surprisingly, will not be fixed, since it was turned to "Will not fix" by the phpBB Group.
    For more details : http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=52315

Download/Documentation
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: phpBB SEO premod 3.0.10 released!

Postby Sarr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello.

I've installed this premod since there's no new phpBB SEO Url Mod, and I'm starting new forum.
But it needs to be in Polish. So I've installed (copied files) of polish 3.0.10 language pack to the premod.
The problem is that phpBB SEO premod doesn't recognize new language - I can't choose it from the list Board Settings. There's only British English and Francais.
Even more strange, that when I choose Francais and clear board cache, everything is still in English.

What did I do to workaround this - I've renamed /language/en to /language/en_, and changed /language/pl to /language/en.
That way forum is in Polish, while it still says it's British English in Board Settings.

What can I do to install Polish language pack for normal 3.0.10 without workarounds?

Thanks in advance.
And great work guys. Mod 0.6.8 is already applied here: forum.ddopl.com. Results are amazing.
Sarr

Postby dcz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

mm this is wierd. Have you tried to manually clear phpBB's cache (phpBB/cache/) ?
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm

If you change the board preferences to a different language in the ACP, but not your personal preferences in the UCP, you will continue to see the board in whatever language you have your personal preferences set to.

Also, please note there is no Polish translation as yet for the phpBB SEO mod admin panel.
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Sarr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi.

Yeah, that was true coyote, when I change language in my UCP to french, it changes.
But I when I do it in ACP (from english to french), nothing happens. Even after manually deleting the cache via filezilla.

I have Polish lanuguage pack for whole PhPBB 3.0.10. Can I make "Polish" to be available to choose in ACP?
The only problem now is that my copied files from "pl" folder (they're now in "en" folder) are registered as British English, but still this is only workaround.

The forum is here: forum.pathfinder-online.pl.
Sarr

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Sarr wrote:Hi.

Yeah, that was true coyote, when I change language in my UCP to french, it changes.
But I when I do it in ACP (from english to french), nothing happens. Even after manually deleting the cache via filezilla.

Changing language in the ACP with Board settings only changes it for NEW users and guests. When a user registers, their language preference is stored in the user table. Once that happens, each person has to change their language in the UCP themselves (or you could change everyone in the ACP but you have to do it through Manage users, not Board settings).

Sarr wrote:I have Polish lanuguage pack for whole PhPBB 3.0.10. Can I make "Polish" to be available to choose in ACP?

Yes, it would then be Polish language throughout, except for the phpBB SEO portions of the admin panel. Everyone already registered would have to change it in their profile, though.

There is no Polish translation for the admin functions of phpBB SEO at this time. However, if you wanted to make one and share it, we could make it available to everyone else who wants it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by coyote on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby GoBieN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 pm

You need to read the documentation at phpbb.com
GoBieN
PR1
PR1

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Let me clarify:

Yes, you can install the Polish language pack in the premod, but for now you must copy the phpbb SEO language files in the 'en' folder into the 'pl' folder.

In forumroot/language/en/mods/

copy

acp_phpbb_seo.php
info_acp_gym_sitemaps.php
info_acp_phpbb_seo.php
phpbb_seo_related_install.php

to

forumroot/language/pl/mods/
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Sarr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Of course, that's what I did at first. But simply installing PL language pack didn't work on premod. On normal forums it works, but not here.
Additionally, when I swtich ACP to Francais, ACP is still in English. Even if I delete cache.
Sarr

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Sarr wrote:Of course, that's what I did at first. But simply installing PL language pack didn't work on premod. On normal forums it works, but not here.
Additionally, when I swtich ACP to Francais, ACP is still in English. Even if delete cache.

OK, you have to install the language pack through the System tab. Just uploading it won't work.

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php ... e_pack.htm

Also, changing the language in the ACP will not change your personal preferences. You have to change your own language preference in your own profile. Or log out and view your forum as guest and you will see the language changes you made in the ACP->General->Board settings.
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 pm

check it out: -http://dev.wickedmedia.org/

Forum przegląda 2 użytkowników :: 1 zidentyfikowany, 0 ukrytych i 1 gość (dane z ostatnich 5 minut)
Najwięcej użytkowników online (7) było Śr sty 11, 2012 11:51 am

Zidentyfikowani użytkownicy: Coyote
Legenda: Administratorzy, Moderatorzy globalni

That's what guest sees. If I switch my own preferences to polish in my own profile, this is what I get in ACP:

Witamy w phpBB
Dziękujemy za wybranie phpBB3. Ta strona daje Ci możliwość szybkiego przejrzenia wszystkich statystyk forum. Odnośniki po lewej stronie umożliwiają kontrolę nad wszystkimi funkcjami forum. Na każdej stronie jest instrukcja jak używać zamieszczonych na niej narzędzi.

Statystyki forum
STATYSTYKA WARTOŚĆ STATYSTYKA WARTOŚĆ
Liczba postów: 3 Posty dziennie: 0.41
Liczba wątków: 2 Wątki dziennie: 0.28
Liczba użytkowników: 9 Użytkownicy dziennie: 1.24
Liczba załączników: 0 Załączniki dziennie: 0.00
Start forum: Cz sty 05, 2012 4:29 pm Łączny rozmiar avatarów: 0 Bajtów
Rozmiar bazy: 847.06 KiB Łączny rozmiar załączników: 0 Bajtów
Typ bazy: MySQL 5.1.56 GZip: wyłączony
Wersja forum: 3.0.10 [ Ponownie sprawdź wersję ] Liczba osieroconych załączników: 0
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Sarr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm

coyote wrote:
Sarr wrote:Of course, that's what I did at first. But simply installing PL language pack didn't work on premod. On normal forums it works, but not here.
Additionally, when I swtich ACP to Francais, ACP is still in English. Even if delete cache.

OK, you have to install the language pack through the System tab. Just uploading it won't work.

http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/php ... e_pack.htm

Also, changing the language in the ACP will not change your personal preferences. You have to change your own language preference in your own profile. Or log out and view your forum as guest and you will see the language changes you made in the ACP->General->Board settings.

Oh damn, is it possible I forgot how to do it? o.O
Thanks, I'll check it. Though I was 100% sure that simply uploading worked for "unmoded" phpbb3... Maybe I'm wrong though, big sorry to you guys. Seems I'm not immune to epic fails :D.
Last edited by Sarr on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarr

Postby coyote » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Sarr wrote:Oh damn, is it possible I forgot how to do it? o.O
Thanks, I'll check it. Though I was 100% sure that simply uploading worked for "unmoded" phpbb3... Maybe I'm wrong though, big sorry to you guys.

To be perfectly honest, I had forgotten, too. The reason I gave you that link is because that's the link I found when I looked up how to do it just now.... :mrgreen:
coyote
phpBB SEO Team
phpBB SEO Team

Postby Sarr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

coyote wrote:
Sarr wrote:Oh damn, is it possible I forgot how to do it? o.O
Thanks, I'll check it. Though I was 100% sure that simply uploading worked for "unmoded" phpbb3... Maybe I'm wrong though, big sorry to you guys.

To be perfectly honest, I had forgotten, too. The reason I gave you that link is because that's the link I found when I looked up how to do it just now.... :mrgreen:

Then you saved me here, thanks :D. That was just too simple for us :lol:.
Sarr

Postby huber2t » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:23 am

Hello

When will a update individual packages seo-mods?

:)
huber2t

Next

Return to Site Announcements