We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB SEO Premod 3.0.6 package, Golden GYM & Related edition.
This release update the premod to phpBB3.0.6 and the phpBB SEO mod rewrites to the last version (0.6.2).
The premod as well includes updated versions of the zero duplicate mod, no duplicate mod and Dynamitc meta tag, all these are soon to be separately released.
This version introduces a new powerful features such as ACP settings for meta tags and optimal titles or open external links in new window. It introduces as well the Canonical element on all pages supported by the zero duplicate.
GYM is turning Gold (2.0.0) with support for authorizations in sitemaps!
And last but not least, we included our yet to be released phpBB SEO Related topics mod. It has its own section in the ACP extended settings where you can activate and tune it. It supports Mysql FullTex (mysql >=4.1 using Myisam, auto detected) and SQL Like matching for others, and has common words filtering abilities.
Demo : http://demo.phpbb-seo.net/
New in this version :
- All mods Updated to comply with phpBB 3.0.6.
- GYM Sitemaps & RSS 2.0.0:
- Fixed : Profile link not rewritten on news pages,
- Fixed : GYM linking when used standalone,
- Fixed : Typos in language paks,
- Fixed : Bug in the last topic listing dealing with global announcements,
- Fixed : Bad calls to gym_sitemaps::gym_error,
- Fixed : Topic tracking on last active topics,
- Fixed : minor issue with passworded forums,
- Fixed : Send a 404 when no forum are readable / viewable by the user,
- Fixed : Standalone usage bug dealing with the no duplicate display,
- Fixed : RSS parser when html is activated (preserve double escaped as escaped),
- Added : Bot auth support for sitemaps,
- Added : Last post link on last topic view,
- Added : No html option for rss feeds,
- Added : Option for displaying each type of links among the forum,
- Reorganized language pack,
- SEOed the prosilver templates, left col comes first now, + other display enhancements,
- Removed deprecated & usage (php5.3.0) when starting the module classes,
- Various bug fixes and enhancement.
- Utlimate SEO URL 0.6.2 :
- Fixed : Issue with user name with dot pagination when common search rewriting if off,
- Fixed : PM pop up with virtual root option,
- Fixed : Paginated search when searching on several forums,
- Fixed : For real the port != 80 case!,
- Fixed : Issues with global announcements on active topic listing,
- Fixed : $custom_profile_url usage,
- Added : Extended ACP menu for new $config based options,
- Added : Open external links in new windows (configurable in the extended menu),
- Added : Append site name to page title when the Optimal title mod is installed,
- Added : Error message with manual query to perform for when the db user does not have enough right to alter tables (sql rewriting & no dupe),
- Added : Rewriterules to handle dummy clients who do not understand base href tags in addition to the new PHPBB_USE_BOARD_URL_PATH constant activation,
- Made req_file info available in setup_phpbb_seo.php,
- parse_string is now used again (fastest solution), with a proper magic_quotes handling and a fix for a mb_internal_encoding related bug (at least affecting php5.3.0 & php5.2.10),
- Reorganized language pack.
- Zero duplicate 0.6.2 :
- Added : Canonical element to forum index, forums, topics, posts, user, groups and leaders pages.
- No duplicate 0.6.2 :
- Some code reorganization.
- Meta tags 0.4.0 :
- Fixed : Bad path when calling search_ignore_words.php,
- Added : keywords are now retrieved from all post on topic page when using fulltext_native and topic_sql option,
- Added : Various options that can be configured in the extended acp menu when the mod is not used in standalone mode,
- Meta tag class now put in its own file.
- Related Topics 0.2.0 :
- Mod added to the SEO Premod.
Major new features implemented in phpBB 3.0.6
- Better captcha options and backported 3.2 captcha plugins:
- Classic and GD CAPTCHA
- reCaptcha (based on API from recaptcha.net by Mike Crawford and Ben Maurer)
- Q&A CAPTCHA
- 3D Wave (by Robert "Xore" Hetzler)
- Introduced new ACM (Cache) plugins. (Please consult our support forums for help if you need to use one of the new ACM plugins)
If you are updating, you should try the new captchas and stat using the one you prefer, they are way more efficient to fight against automated registration than the previous.
In all cases, you now need to wonder about the new caching possibilities, eaccelerator or APC will for example be a lot faster than the default file system one if they are available, worth to check.
The setup is done in config.php :
- Code: Select all
$acm_type = 'file';
But do not switch unless you're sure about the availability of the required package on your server.
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.1+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
The mod_rewrite Apache module will be necessary to use url rewriting. It is though possible to adapt the rewriterules for isap_rewrite on IIS servers (windows).
Security issues found should be reported to the phpBB.com security tracker in the usual way.
- If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" method for updating.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB SEO premod source English and French language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of the phpBB3 SEO Premod.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
- Patch Files Package :
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3. Mainly intended for advanced users.
With this release, there are four packages available.
Translations Update :
- Both French and English language pack are included by default in the auto update and changed file package.
- In case you are not using the french language pack at all, you can safely ignore updates of the French language files. Leaving it on your ftp and let the updater update it is of course not a problem.
Be sure to take a look at the official phpBB announcement thread to find out more about the phpBB3.0.6 new features and bug fixes included in the phpBB SEO Premod.
Please note for update :
- This update will not change any of your current URL settings, but it will add some new one,
- You WILL have to update you .htaccess once done,
- Once you will have updated, you will have to refresh your theme's cache as well as phpBB's cache (ACP => STYLE, Themes => Refresh).
- GYM Sitemap & RSS
- GYM update process is now included in the auto update package and will handle all the required code changes for the premod files, but you WILL have to run the gym_sitemaps/gym_install.php script in update mode after you updated phpBB. If you do not use GYM, it is still wize to keep the file up to date, if you have deleted them, just ignore the GYM file update.
- IMPORTANT :
GYM sitemaps and RSS is likely to be updated before the premod, it will be up to you to keep it up to date meanwhile, you can be notified about updates by subscribing to the release thread while logged in : GYM Sitemaps & RSS module 2.0.0
- The SEO Premod includes a fix in includes/utf/utf_tools.php for a bug that does not affect all installations but can be quite annoying.
This bug was reported, but was not fixed in phpBB 3.0.6.
For more details : http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=52315