We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB SEO Premod 3.0.8 package, $Id$ edition.
This release update the premod to phpBB3.0.8 and the phpBB SEO mod rewrites to the last version (0.6.6).
The premod as well includes updated versions of the zero duplicate mod, no duplicate mod and Dynamic meta tag, all these are soon to be separately released.
This version, among other things and bug fixes, implement a full SSL support (was about time) and a GYM script checker which should make it impossible to configure wrong script urls.
Demo : http://demo.phpbb-seo.net/
New in this version :
- All mods Updated to comply with phpBB 3.0.8.
- GYM Sitemaps & RSS 2.0.2:
- Added : image size to gym links
- Added : Full ssl support (sitemaps use https only if https is forced, but xsl always does the trick to maintain ssl session)
- Added : Make sure that each script url is properly set in ACP.
- Utlimate SEO URL 0.6.6 :
- Added : Full ssl support
- Fixed : phpbb_seo::set_url calls breaking custom static forum
- Zero duplicate 0.6.6 :
- Added : Full ssl support
- No duplicate 0.6.6 :
- Better fix for wrong topic_url used when freshest topic in a sub forum and using SQL rewriting
- Meta tags 0.4.4 :
- Fixed : Strip all bbcode regex now won't remove [text]
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.1+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
The mod_rewrite Apache module will be necessary to use url rewriting. It is though possible to adapt the rewriterules for isap_rewrite on IIS servers (windows).
Security issues found should be reported to the phpBB.com security tracker in the usual way.
- If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" method for updating.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB SEO premod source English and French language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of the phpBB3 SEO Premod.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
- Patch Files Package :
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3. Mainly intended for advanced users.
With this release, there are four packages available.
Translations Update :
- Both French and English language pack are included by default in the auto update and changed file package.
- In case you are not using the french language pack at all, you can safely ignore updates of the French language files. Leaving it on your ftp and let the updater update it is of course not a problem.
Be sure to take a look at the official phpBB announcement thread to find out more about the phpBB3.0.8 new features and bug fixes included in the phpBB SEO Premod.
Please note for update :
- This update will not change any of your current URL settings
- An .htaccess update is advised to implement the (little) optimizations added (ACP => phpBB SEO .htaccess)
- GYM Sitemap & RSS
- GYM update process is now included in the auto update package and will handle all the required code changes for the premod files, but you WILL have to run the gym_sitemaps/gym_install.php script in update mode after you updated phpBB. If you do not use GYM, it is still wise to keep the file up to date, if you have deleted them, just ignore the GYM file update.
- IMPORTANT :
GYM sitemaps and RSS is likely to be updated before the premod, it will be up to you to keep it up to date meanwhile, you can be notified about updates by subscribing to the release thread while logged in : GYM Sitemaps & RSS module
- The SEO premod is not affected by this bug : http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-9908
But you should keep it in mind for any phpBB installation not using the Ultimate SEO URL mod.
- The SEO Premod includes a fix in includes/utf/utf_tools.php for a bug that does not affect all installations but can be quite annoying.
This bug was reported, but was not fixed in phpBB 3.0.7, and surprisingly, will not be fixed, since it was turned to "Will not fix" by the phpBB Group.
For more details : http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=52315