phpBB SEO website update

phpBB SEO site news and official annoucements.

Moderator: Moderators

phpBB SEO website update

Postby SeO » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello,

As you may have noticed, phpBB SEO was just entirely updated.
We are glad to meet you on this new version of the phpBB SEO website, now based on phpBB3. The conversion went pretty well if we consider the complexity of what needed to be done. phpBB SEO went from a P4 php4 / mysql 3 server to a dual core php5 / mysql5, and we had to take care of sessions sharing among both forum, both directories and both download sections, all this with additionally several sub domains.

Forums where re-organized and many new features are now available for, we hope, even more comfortable visits.

It is though possible that you experience some trouble due to this conversion. For example, user that would have registered after Sunday the 22th at night on the old version will most likely have to re-register on the new version. DNS propagation is currently still going on, it was effective à 3pm from where I stand, but it could last longer with other ISP.

We thus apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this operation, please share your feels and experience about it after this post.

All the phpBB SEO Team is happy to finally see our phpBB3 mods on phpBB SEO and wish you all a happy indexing ;)

[EDIT]
SeO wrote:We are sorry to announce you that some mess up was involved in the dns update. The automatically generated dns config on the server where mentioning wrong secondary dns until this morning.
This was of no effect for most users, but many experienced a downtime. Some ISP do use the secondary dns, others even fluctuate among the two.
The situation is now fixed, but it is possible that some of you will experience troubles for the next two days (until the new settings are taken into account by all dsn servers)
The issue took some time to be identified because all the traceroutes to phpBB SEO domains where ok the first two days after the dns update. We discovered only yesterday that on some traceroute services (using different dns servers) where going back to the old server.
We are very sorry about this and are hoping that the trouble experienced by some will be forgiven when seeing that phpBB SEO is not dead, and actually all new.

The one responsible for the dns update will copy 100 times : "I will never ever again trust automatic set up dealing with dns and I will not trust traceroute either" ;)
SeO
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: phpBB SEO website update

Postby wolkenkrieger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Congrats :)

greez

the Similar Topics ... which Mod do you use?
wolkenkrieger
PR0
PR0

Postby SeO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 am

Happy you like it ;)

The funny thing is that not everybody did see the new site already, the old one is still on (locked) on the old server until the DNS update everywhere.
Right now we have :
old server viewonline string wrote:In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden, 12 Guests and 4 Bots [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 198 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:45 am
Registered Users: None
Online Bots : MSN (3), Yahoo!
17 Users online today: dav38, endymion, Foued, jcocking, Laurent85, legentil, lemoussel, Lucky_Luke_44, MathieuM., olilesp, Sagesse, sargeb, seostudent, skieur, solodown, tricus, vard44

Google seems to use fresher dns than MSN and Yahoo, lol, it's already been 48 hours since the big jump.

Minor correction are still being, done, we're still working on re-enabling phpBB search fully, but we just put google search back.
SeO
Admin
Admin

Postby wolkenkrieger » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 am

I have one question: where is the download section :?: :oops:
wolkenkrieger
PR0
PR0

Postby SeO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 am

Still in the same place : http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/

The link is now to be found in the header menu, under the phpBB SEO section ;)
SeO
Admin
Admin

Postby birdhouse03 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 am

Congratulations! Fine work! Looks like a big step forward.

Greetings from Vienna.
birdhouse03

Postby SeO » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks, happy you like it :D
birdhouse03 wrote:Looks like a big step forward.

It is, but it's only the beginning ;)
SeO
Admin
Admin

Postby Professional » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Congratulationssssssss :lol: :lol: :lol:
thank u so much the new site is really beatiful

i sa similar topic,can i ask when it will be ready ?
i waited for it and didn't install any similar topic mod :lol:
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها-Apple Portal
My Handwritings: Professional Dreams
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.
Professional
PR5
PR5

Postby ultimatehandyman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:41 pm

well done to the team for moving to phpbb3. If you guys found it difficult just imagine how hard it would be for someone like me!

I'm sticking to phpbb2 for the forseeable future :wink:
ultimatehandyman
PR2
PR2

Postby SeO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:57 am

We are sorry to announce you that some mess up was involved in the dns update. The automatically generated dns config on the server where mentioning wrong secondary dns until this morning.
This was of no effect for most users, but many experienced a downtime. Some ISP do use the secondary dns, others even fluctuate among the two.
The situation is now fixed, but it is possible that some of you will experience troubles for the next two days (until the new settings are taken into account by all dsn servers)
The issue took some time to be identified because all the traceroutes to phpBB SEO domains where ok the first two days after the dns update. We discovered only yesterday that on some traceroute services (using different dns servers) where going back to the old server.
We are very sorry about this and are hoping that the trouble experienced by some will be forgiven when seeing that phpBB SEO is not dead, and actually all new.

The one responsible for the dns update will copy 100 times : "I will never ever again trust automatic set up dealing with dns and I will not trust traceroute either" ;)
SeO
Admin
Admin

Postby dcz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 am

The search index was rebuilt, search is now fully operational ;)
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby MrGroove » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 pm

Site really looks nice. Good work!
MrGroove
PR0
PR0

Postby dcz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks ;)

Happy to hear that you appreciate it, was a long time that we where few to see it on the private / test servers, and I have to say that I'm happy to finally share it with our users.

++
Useful links :
SEO Forum || SEO Directory || SEO phpBB || Search

Liens Utiles :
Forum référencement || Annuaire référencement || Référencement phpBB || Recherche
dcz
Admin
Admin

Postby MrGroove » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 pm

There is one thing.

I see you moved the User control panel into the navigation menu drop down. One link which I think disappeared when you did that was the "View Your Posts" link. That's to bad because that's the first thing I normally click on when I login to a site. It helps me follow the threads I'm contributing on.

It's not a big deal since I can get to that data another way (from the profile menu) but it takes a few extra clicks. ;)
MrGroove
PR0
PR0

Postby SeO » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 pm

The link is in the search menu ;)
SeO
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Site Announcements