- Title : phpBB SEO Zero Duplicate
- Author : dcz / http://www.phpbb-seo.com
- Description : This mod Will HTTP 301 redirect almost (100% in strict mode) all possible dupes in phpBB forums.
- Version : 0.6.8
- Installation Level : Advanced.
- Installation Time : 5 min.
- AutoMod: n/a.
- phpBB :3.0.9
Author's Notes :
- Will HTTP 301 redirect almost (100% in strict mode) all possible dupes in phpBB3 forums.
- You must run the phpBB SEO Ultimate SEO URL mod before you can use and install this mod.
It is compatible with all 0.6.6 and above versions.
- Performed redirections :viewforum.php?f=xx => url rewritten forum url
viewforum.php?f=xx&start=yy => url rewritten paginated forum url
viewtopic.php?f=xx&t=yy => url rewritten paginated topic url
viewtopic.php?f=xx&t=yy&view=prev/next => url rewritten topic url
viewtopic.php?f=xx&t=yy&start=zz => url rewritten paginated topic url
viewtopic.php?t=yy => url rewritten topic url
viewtopic.php?t=yy&view=prev/next => url rewritten topic url
viewtopic.php?t=yy&start=zz => url rewritten paginated topic url
viewtopic.php?p=xx => postxx.html or url rewritten topic url with 'post_redir' => 'guest' or 'post_redir' => 'all'
download/file.php?id=xx(&t=1) => rewritten attached url
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=xx => url rewritten profile url
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=nickname (when applicable)
search.php?author_id=xx&sr=post|topics => url rewritten user message url
search.php?author=nickname&sr=post|topics (when applicable)
search.php?author_id=xx&sr=post&start=yy=> url rewritten paginated user message url
search.php?author=nickname&sr=post|topics&start=yy (when applicable)
search_id=active_topics => url rewritten active topics url
search_id=active_topics&start=xx=> url rewritten paginated active topics url
search_id=unanswered&sr=topics => url rewritten unanswered url
search_id=unanswered&start=xx&sr=topics => url rewritten paginated unanswered url
search_id=newposts&sr=topics => url rewritten newposts url
search_id=newposts&start=xx&sr=topics => url rewritten paginated newposts url
search_id=unreadposts => url rewritten unreadposts url
search_id=unreadposts&start=xx => url rewritten paginated unreadposts url
As well, when title injecting, any spelling in injected titles will be HTTP 301 redirected (all cases) :
- miss-spelled-title => correct-title
- Will get rid of SIDs and highlight as set in the mod rewrite and mark, watch, explain and bookmark Vars in URLs for guests :
- topic-title-txx.html?sid=SID => topic-title-txx.html
- forum-title-fxx.html?mark=fids => forum-title-fxx.html
- Will check $start consistency :
- Example with 25 topics per pages :
forum-title-fxx-32.html => forum-title-fxx-25.html
- Example with 25 topics per pages :
- Will by default HTTP 301 redirect index.php :
- Canonical element :
- The zero duplicate will add a Canonical element to index, forums and topic pages.
- MODS :This mod is as powerful as important to use properly.
It's easy to install, but local testing is advised.
As it is possible that some mods won't work properly at first, after install.
If a mod added a GET or POST var on index.php, viewforum.php, viewtopic.php or a member's profile, it's URLs will most likely (for sure when running in strict mode) be redirected at first.
- viewtopic.php?report=true&p=xx |would be first redirected to| topic-title-tyy-zz.html.
It's simple to fix, we just need to allow this additional var in our dupe filters.
Please ask for support on such experiences.
- Settings :
This mod is fully configurable using the phpBB SEO setting page.
The setting pages will allow you to Set up the various zero duplicate features such as:
- Activate the Zero duplictate (optional):Allow to activate and desactivate the Zero duplicate redirections.
Off is default, so you need to update at least this option to start seeing some redirections.
- Strict Mode (optional):When activated, the zero dupe will check if the requested URL exactly matches the one attended.
When set to no, the zero dupe will make sure the attended url is the fist part of the one requested.
The interest is to make it easier to deal with mods that could interfere with the zero dupe by adding GET vars.
- Posts Redirections (optional):This option will determine how to handle post urls; it can take four values :
- 'off' : do not redirect post url, whatever the case,
- 'post' : only make sure postxx.html is used for a post url,
- 'guest' : redirect guests if required to the corresponding topic url rather than to the postxx.html, and only make sure postxx.html is used for logged users,
- 'all' : redirect if required to the corresponding topic url.
Then of course, better can be better.
- Activate the Zero duplictate (optional):
- Migrating :If your forum was previously indexed using a different URL standad than the one you now plan to use, please read carefully the third part ( "3) Migrating :" ) of the first :
- Code: Select all
#-----[ DIY INSTRUCTIONS ]--------------------------------------------------
of the mod install file.
- Redirection Check :It is very important to make sure the correct headers are sent!!
Once installed this mod, you should check, using for example http://web-sniffer.net/ , if the returned headers are correct.
The mod should work nicely with apache and IIS server (running isapi_rewrite), but could under some circumstances output a
302 header instead, which is really not a good idea.
So you should check if HTTP 301 header is returned with both options for gun-zip support.
To do this, just paste a forum url with a miss-spelled title in URL in http://web-sniffer.net/
And test BOTH OPTIONS for "Accept-Encoding: gzip"
If both cases returns HTTP 301, you're done with installing this mod.
Example on this site :
- As HTTP 301 are to be used with caution, the downloads are only available for registered users.
- This mods makes HTTP redirecting very easy and you should not change all your URLs every other day.
- Do not hesitate to ask for support when first installing.
- MODS :
mod Rewrites supported :
- All the phpBB SEO Ultimate SEO URL modes 0.6.6 and above
- English, French.
- French support thread